Actually ended up in the sea this time, just outside Hastings then took a swing round the coast to Folkstone, up to Cantebury and Whitstable too late for the seafood and back home. Found out
1. I reckon I can do 250-400 miles a day with a few breaks. Europe is not out of the question.
2. A hard tail with a sprung seat isn't dissimilar to a fairly knackered monoshock.
3. The Kent coast is wide, panoramic, windy and full of caravan parks. Not as good place to potentially move as Kent inland a bit which is quite magical in places.
4. If I stand on the pegs I can do scrambling on a hard tail.
5. A bike and a mate with a bike is like being 19 again.
6. My speedo has been lying to me since the last world cup. It says it is going a lot faster than it is. It is the Lance Armstrong of the speedo world.
7. If I give a proper chopper doctor free reign to put a chopper together properly for me it becomes a useable bike. Cheers Taff@Bikeshed in Waterlooville
Small bike syndrome
13 hours ago